Today I want to write about the hand of God in my life. Three weeks before my wedding with Trevik my 15 year old brother Josh was in a very bad accident. He was hit in the face by a 1800 pound beam that landed on his head then body. My dad lifted it off of him and called 9-1-1 and then my mom. I was in the kitchen when we heard the news and listened to her pray as we drove there. We thought Josh lost his life. I didn't go see Josh there but I stayed with Tyler. Tyler told us later that he had a bad feeling and stepped away from the beam which may very likely have saved his life...that was a miracle. We said a family prayer for Josh then headed to the hospital. We heard Josh had a pulse (and were amazed)-then much later we found out that he was breathing on his own on the way to the hospital-another miracle. In the hospital Josh was coughing to get blood out of his lungs which was a good sign that his brain was able to respond to stimuli-yet another miracle. Eden hospital in Castro Valley stabilized Josh and then he was taken to Children's hospital on Oakland. They redid all of the scans there and found a clot. They took Josh in for immediate surgery and 3 hours later Dr. Sun came out and told us there was a clot and that they feel they got to him in time to remove the clot and saved his life. This was truly a miracle from God. We had friends and family surrounding us and comforting us while we were there as well.
Then it was the waiting game. The doctors took Josh off of the drug induced coma and he began fighting and trying to pull out the tubes which was hard to see-but a good sign of brain function. Then a few days later Josh woke up and asked for mom and dad. He was able to identify who we were-all the spouses and even the dog! We were thrilled. The nurses told us that accidents they had seen like this is the past usually take about 6 months for the patients to go home-so in my mind having him home for the wedding was completely out of the question. I decided that Trevik and I would go visit Josh in our wedding dress/tux at the hospital. I was just so grateful that my brother was alive. Josh continued to progress very rapidly. They decided to move him to Kaiser Hospital because that is who my parents' insurance was with. That hospital was much quieter and Josh had more privacy. It was very nice. There were several more stepping stones and miracles that I have not touched on but I want to jump to the main miracle and blessing for me.
Three-four days before our wedding we were thinking he was going to have a tube in his spine draining fluid or if that did not work he would have to have a massive surgery. The day before Trevik and I were to get married I got a phone call in the morning that Josh was coming home-the fluid leak had stopped and he was cleared to come home. I dropped to my knees to pray and thank my Father in Heaven for this miracle. I know this was no coincidence- this was clearly the hand of God.
Miracles do happen and my brother is living proof. I love my Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. We worship a God of Miracles!
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment